Edited (with L.S. Dembo.) Directions for Criticism:
Its Alternatives. Madison & London:
University of Wisconsin Press, 1977.
- Murray Krieger: "A Scorecard for the Critics":3-32.
- Edward W. Said: "Roads Taken and Not Taken in Contemporary
- Hazard Adams: "Contemporary Ideas of Literature: Terrible Beauty or
- Hayden White: "The Absurdist Moment in Contemporary Literary
- René Girard: "Differentiation and Undifferentiation in
Lévi-Strauss and Current Critical Theory":111-136.
- Ralph Freedman:" Intentionality and the Literary Object":137-159.
Krieger's opening essay, "Introduction: A Scorecard for the
pp. 3-32, with the other essays in this volume, originally
appeared as articles in Contemporary Literature
(Summer 1976), 17(3).
The New Apologists for
Poetry. Wesport, Conn.: Greenwood Press,
Reprint of the 1956 edition published by the
Theory of Criticism: A Tradition and Its
System. Baltimore: John Hopkins
University Press, 1977.
Paperback reprint of the 1976 edition published by the Johns Hopkins Press.